Friday, June 5, 2009

Well darn. I really should have seen this coming.

I hit a snag in rewriting my novel. Not a little snag, a big one. A giant one. One that I can't ignore because if I do, it won't be the best novel it could be. And I have the craptastic fortune to not have a computer to work furiously to fix the problem. I only have whatever time I can manage on the library computers, and possibly heading home for the night to hog my mom's computer to get it done, but that isn't the most efficient.

Here's the problem. I'm was in the middle of writing chapter 3, and I realized that everything I was writing was boring. And the actual action wouldn't start until chapter eight or nine. That's halfway through the book. No one would read such a boring book, especially when the author couldn't read it without being bored.

My solution is to slightly alter what I already have, so that I don't get too behind in finishing by the 16th, but at the same time I'm discard a few things I had previously wanted, have characters already together, and kick starting the plot right into 5th gear.

It's going to take a lot of dedication to get back on track, but I'm really liking the new plot. It's a lot more energetic, more hectic and danger filled, and I get to work with a couple characters that were just background characters previously.

It's going to be amazing, and will be ten times the novel it is right now.

I have to go now, as I really have to start working on it, if I want to collect my reward.

Until next time!

No comments: