Saturday, June 6, 2009

Big sigh of relief

I'd like to report that I have caught up to where I was before, and am well on my way to reaching my goal of finishing my novel by the 16th with the new plot. I had to head to my parents house and commadeer their computer to do it, and pissed of several of my brothers for hogging, but I did it.

The sad thing is I did it in less words than the first rewrite version. Sigh.

But I don't think I have ever written that many words in one sitting. It was exilarating, and a little exhausting at the same time.

I have changed the format of dividing up the novel from two parts and a 16 chapters, to four parts, called days, and much shorter chapters, so more of them. I haven't laid out what all the chapters are, so I don't know how many I will have. It might turn out that I have a lot, like all of James Patterson's books.

I'm relieved that I was able to catch up and even get past where I was before, but I only finished Day One. So I have three more 'days' left, and the third 'day' is REALLY long, because thats when most of the action takes place.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that I have made my characters much better, and solved the info dump problem I had, and I really like several characters that were originally background characters.

I will keep writing, and posting updates, but it's really late so I need to head off to bed.

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

Balgram said...

I just read your three posts all at once.

YAY! You have money and you are going to college! You are writing your book!

YAY YAY YAY

Please send me your rewrite so far? Or when you are done. I'm just so excited!