Friday, June 26, 2009

On Fan Fiction

I have to admit to someone, I've been writing fan fiction for the last day or so. Now, before you all judge me like I tend to judge all the other fan fiction writers, I plan to never EVER show the world my fan fiction. I'm writing it for me and me alone.

However, two of my fan fictions have the possibilities, if I change a few names and situations and the like, of being normal stories that won't get me sued if I publish them.

That is what I like about these stories, and why I always return to them every so often. The current one I'm working on is another one of my end of the world stories, with famous people in it, but once it's done I'm changing everyone's names. I'm really liking it a lot, but have a problem that needs to be solved.

As I haven't ever been to medical school, I don't know all the medical terms and such, and I need to know what surgery a person would need if they had a long piece of rebar pierce their middle all the way through. And recovery time, that would be nice as well.

And another character had his legs crushed, not terribly bad, but broken in at least three places, and I don't know how they fix that now-a-days.

So if anyone has the answer to those, or knows where I can find the answers easily, I'd be forever grateful.

In other news/stuff, I actually can't wait until I move back home. How weird is that? I have decided that I don't like living in a room as small as the one I have, and I really don't like living with three other roommates, even if they are really nice. I just want to have an apartment all to my own, but seeing as how I don't have a job right now, I can't afford it. But maybe when I get to Iowa with my family, which I still haven't decided if I'm going or not.

It all depends on whether or not I meet someone here.

And I'm done talking.

1 comment:

Balgram said...

I'm doing some research, but I can't find the answers yet. I'll keep looking. As a point of interest, if the crush puts different pressure on the nerves (like if the break is the pelvis or near it) your legs will feel a pianful tingle then go numb. Weird, huh?

I suggest searching for medical records on leg surgery, or visiting a local campus's medical department and say that you are interested in procedures for extreme surgeries. They can at least help point you in the right direction. You can also check Wikipedia or WikiAnswers.