Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I am so ecstatic!

I am really REALLY close to being halfway done with my novel. There are 45 plot points I have, and I have finished writing about 20. And this is all up from the 12 I had finished before. I missed having a computer, and I will forever be grateful to my younger brother for letting me borrow his laptop (which used to be mine.)

The good thing is that the laptop I'm currently using doesn't have an internet connection, so I'm not distracted. I'm going to get so much done!

The bad thing is I'm almost half way done and only have a bout 8,000 words... and my best friend's brother thinks it's Twilight-ish... Dang it, so not what I was going for.

A little news: I'm part of a writing group.

I have tried tons of times to start a writing group, or join one, but it's never worked out until now.

I was invited by my best friend's older brother to join him and two other guys once a week for a writing group. While it's kind of weird spending so much time with the geekiest guys I have ever met (and I mean that in a nice way) it's lots of fun, because I get great feedback on my stories, both the one I originally submitted to the group and the novel I'm working on.

I now spend upwards of 6+ hours a week with them, including DnD on Saturdays. It's been interesting!

My dad's in Iowa right now for a job interview, and I was given permission to borrow his Chevy Blazer until he gets back tomorrow.

Having a car makes my life SOOOO much easier.

But I have decided that I'm not a big vehicle girl. I like my small fast cars, not the big one's my parents seem to fond of, the ones that have almost no acceleration... Gah.

And I have no idea when I'll be getting another car. My hope is that I'll get my book published and earn enough money to buy the car I want (Dodge Charger SRT8 RWD in Deep water blue. With a moon roof.)

Anyway, I probably should get back to furiously rewriting my novel. I really looking forward to some art!

No comments: