Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's gonna be close...

I swear, I didn't mean for this to happen. I had all the time I needed to be finished with my novel by last night, and it never happened. So I'm stuck having to write furiously today to finish the last quarter of my book, which also happens to be the most jam packed part... Dang.

Here's what happened: I think it was Wednesday night I wanted to write something down on paper from my story so that I could work on it from my bed and not my computer. I pulled out the closest available notebook and began flipping through, trying to find a blank section I could work with. And what do you know, I come upon a story idea I hadn't seen in a while.

BAM! My mind's gears switched over from Huntress to my next project called Reality Repair Inc. GAH! That wasn't supposed to happen! Derail the train! Bail out! Anything!

Oops, too late. So now I have three character interviews (each at least 3 pages long with two columns on each page), and the plots worked out for eight books. Plus descriptions on the actual company, Reality Repair Inc., how Reality/Non-Reality works, and several minor characters to get in the way of my main character. *Sigh* And nothing new for Huntress.

I swear that I will have it finished by either tonight, or early tomorrow afternoon. I will die if I don't.

The sad thing about how this new draft is turning out is, after I took out all the boring parts I didn't want to have to write and didn't need to write, I'm almost finished and only have just over 10,000 words. So once I've finished it and taken a break from it (to work on Reality Repair), I'm going to return to it and expand. Not change the text, but add a lot of descriptions, which it is lacking.

So, now that I've made my confession, I suppose it's time for me to return to my furious typing to get this thing done with.

(I'm really REALLY excited about the new project. It's the PERFECT story for me. It involves libraries!)

No comments: