Sunday, December 4, 2011

Well shucks, I didn't mean to get so hooked

About a month ago, maybe a month and a half, when I first moved into my new dorm room, I went shopping at Target for some fresh fruit, because the dining facility doesn't have anything other than apples and oranges. I was shopping around and I saw a fridge display of the Naked smoothie drink. I stared at it for a little while, reminded of my mom, who loves drinking Naked (pun intended, because it's a family joke everyone loves). After a while, I decided it was about time I tried it. I had been resistant to drinking it before, but I was feeling a little homesick, and I wanted to be closer to mom. When I got back to the dorm, I took a drink. I think I got the Red Machine one, but I can't remember exactly. Anyway, from first drink, I fell in love. It was delicious.

When I ran out I looked for it at the Post Exchange on base, but they didn't have it. Instead, they had Odwalla brand smoothie drinks. I tried one of those too, and now I love them all. I almost always have a large jug  in the fridge, and I can't help but buy them whenever I got to the PX or Target. They are just so delicious and healthy for you.

Thanks, mom.

Edit: Here's a picture of what is currently in my fridge, for the curious.

2 comments:

Balgram said...

What on earth....

send me a link to an image or a website about these drinks. I don't want to type "naked drink" in Google.

K La said...

Yeah, I love those naked and Odwalla drinks too (Have you tried Green machine?! Heaven!).

I hate it because they are so freaking expensive. And yet so delicious. Sigh.