Monday, December 26, 2011

Hmmm... I didn't think Korean affected me THAT much.

I really didn't. I mean, sure, Korean has sort of become my life. My work is everything Korean, I only listen to Korean, I almost only watch Korean, but still. I could never imagine this happening.

This last week, I decided to get my novel out, the one I've been working on for a very long time. The one about the monster hunter. I wanted to work on it while I could, so I pulled all my hard copy stuff out of my filing cabinet and began going through it. It's had some time to stew, so I had some new ideas for it, like I always do when it's stewed for a while.

After I wrote down some of the ideas I had, I realized I was considering making the main character, who is currently a full blooded Italian, half Korean. While this isn't a horrible idea, it really puts some kinks in just about everything. I would have to change the girl's looks, I would have to change her family history, I would have to change a few others things as well. It's really too much hassle.

So you can see, Korean and Korea has invaded my life completely, and it doesn't seem to want to leave.

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

It's invaded my life too! I look forward to visiting you in Korea. I have plans to get my passport renewed and ready. Saranghae, Eomma!
aka Ha Min Jae