Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Perfect Date

I've been thinking about this a little bit lately, just sort of imagining different kinds of dates that I think I would have fun on, and I've come to the conclusion that the following is the perfect date (for me, anyway). Spending the day at an amusement park, riding roller-coasters and talking. Because there's tons of time to just talk while at an amusement park. While you are in line, while you are walking towards the next one, while you are eating, etc. My date and I would hold hands, we'd scream while riding all the scary roller-coasters (good kind of scary), he'd show of his expert skills and win a stuffed animal for me at one of the games, we'd stop at one of the shops and buy something matching that we can wear for the day, and we'd eat a delicious homemade lunch/dinner. We'd talk about everything from favorite books and movies to our personal life goals, and by the end of the day we'd each be looking forward to the next date.

Since I've never been on a date that I actually enjoyed myself and liked my date, I can't say whether or not this is a cheesy or naive idea for the perfect date.

What's your idea of a perfect date, and have you been on a perfect date?

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

My perfect date was our anniversary in 2000, when my husband surprised me with a ride in a chauffeur driven 1949 Rolls Royce; a picnic dinner arranged by a friend in a secluded park complete with music for dancing and afterwards an ice cream cone at a roadside stand, where we attracted everyone's attention because we were all dressed up and riding in such a swanky car. It was magical because it was so such an unexpected surprise.

Balgram said...

My ideal perfect date is one in which a guy I like shows romantic interest in me. I don't really mind what we do, I'm a physical person.*

*Not to give the wrong impression: I'm talking hugs and holding hands here. Dates are oh so fine with people you can touch.

While I don't think the place/activity matters to me much, I'll list some I think are awesome. I do think activities where you can take things at a relaxed pace are nice...cooking together, or stargazing, or stuff like that. And, as always, movies. I'm a sucker for them and love going with a guy.

I don't like expensive dates because I feel uncomfortable when someone pays for me. It makes me feel obligated to them. Free tickets or going dutch changes the situation, but I don't like the feeling that I've been "bought." I realize I'm weird, but still.