Sunday, April 3, 2011

Missing Home

Yesterday and today the family has listened to LDS General Conference. It has been a wonderful experience, for the most part, but is has been accompanied by a unexpected feeling. I never thought I would say this, but I miss Utah. I hated the weather and the lack of concrete seasons, but I really miss living in Utah. I miss the mountains, I miss Temple Square, I miss riding the train, I miss friends and family, and I especially miss being able to go to places without having to spend 30-90 minutes driving just to get there.

This morning during President Monson's talk, when he mentioned the temple across from the Conference Center I felt an overwhelming desire to visit Temple Square, to walk in the fresh air and see the beautiful flowers and buildings, hear the birds and people talk, and just listen to the world around me. Unfortunately, I can't. And I probably won't get to until the middle of 2012, either. Sigh. Oh, well.

As a side note, it is eighty degrees here. It is gorgeous. I love spring.

2 comments:

K La said...

And it did snow in SLC today. Temple square is covered in 6 inches of snow. So you wouldn't be able to see flowers anyway.

But I know what you mean. I love Sunland, but I miss my mountains.

Balgram said...

I'm 45 minutes away and thus don't bother to go. Go figure.