Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grandpa

Today the family got something very special in the mail.

In 2006 my grandpa self-published the first volume of his autobiography, which he had been working on. It covered his birth until his return from his mission. Everyone got a copy; his children, grandchildren, and I think even some of the older great grandchild. I have copy number 35. It's a large, beautiful book full of black and white pictures, and it's so wonderful to have.

Today the family received volume two. I hadn't even known that he'd finished it, so it was a pleasant surprise. This volume covers everything from after his mission until today. (Well, February, 2011, which was when it was finished) Once again, everyone was given a copy. This time I have copy number 128. I am so very happy to have this, and so grateful that I have a record of my grandpa's life. I love my maternal grandparents so much.

Holding and reading Grandpa's autobiography makes me want to record my own life better, so that some day, when I have children and grandchildren, I can leave a similar record for them.

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

Don't forget to write him a thank you note. He really loves to get snail-mail. Love, Mom (oh-MAH)