Sunday, April 4, 2010

Some Good News

Remember when I told you about the website Protagonize? Well, for the last thirteen or fourteen days I've been writing at least two chapters and at most six chapters a day on one story, currently called Monstrum Venator, but it's due a title change any day now. I currently have almost 30k words on it, and have enjoyed writing it so much. I love the main character, who stars in three out of the four short stories I've finished, and I love the main guys (there are two!) so much.

I have to admit though, before my conscious is ground into dust from all the guilt, it's based off of the TV show Supernatural. Now, before I get lawsuits coming out my ears, I want to say it has evolved a lot since that original basing.

Now that I got that out of the way, I can actually talk about my story. It's about a woman who's grown up with a pair of brothers (not related to her) and they all hunt the paranormal. That's where the similarities end. Well, those and the fact that they're all orphans. Other than that, the characters have differing personalities, and the overall mythos is different. And I jump back and forth through the years. One story is when the girl, Katey, is 6, another is when she's 24, still another when she's 16. They're all about how she evolved from a little orphan girl into the strong not-so-independent woman who can kick butt and track like the devil.

I actually feel like changing her a little bit, because she is so very dependent on the brothers. She's grown up with them and they're all closer than siblings, and she's always relied on them for emotional and physical support. It makes her a little weak and I'm not exactly sure that would appeal to readers. I mean, the only person I've gotten feedback on it is twelve year old girl on the Protag website. I know of one other person who has read it, but I don't know how much they've read, since they haven't commented and given me anything to go on.

Anyway.

I've kind of put Huntress on hold. Sort of. I totally revamped the plot, some of the characters, almost everything, and even tried a new title on for size; As Brightly as the Moon. But I've been so entranced with writing MV that Huntress has taken the back burning.

And Reality Repair... I'm thinking of revamping that one as well. I've thought a little bit about how, but I haven't done anything yet. Of the four (or was it five) chapters I did write on the first book, I wasn't completely enamored by the main character. Or the romantic interest, for that matter. Sure, I didn't hate her, but I didn't love her either. And the guy didn't turn out quite how I imagined him to be. He appeared... weak... and that's not what he's supposed to be.

So, now that I think about it, maybe I'll work a little on that once the next two MV stories are finished. Or maybe in between.

In other news, since I haven't written in a while (I apologize for that), I went shooting for the first time near the end of March with my younger brother and some of his friends. Let me tell you, I have never out-classed anyone MORE than I did with him and his friends.

I have recently changed my clothing style. I know favor my skinny jeans and boots with a 3/4 sleeve black leather jacket and diamond studded aviator glasses when it's sunny. So I looked cool. Classy even, depending.

My brother's friends? Black. Long, uncombed hair. Camo pants. Flipflops or boots. Basically, two of the friends (the couple) wore completely black, even had matching jackets, while another wore camo pants and a cowboy hat.

I had more fun staring at the rock formations then actually shooting.

No comments: