Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In Honor of my Hundreth Post

I am no longer really sick. I still have a slight cough and I wake up every morning feeling like my immune system has shut down during the night and is trying to reboot, but that has to do with my allergies (household dust. It sucks.) But I'm not lay-on-the-couch-and-rot sick any more.

What a relief.

I am also getting back into reading normal fantasy. For a while now, going on a year, I ignored every other genre except for urban fantasy. It was mostly because that was what I was in the mood for most of the time (why, I don't know), and I've slowly but surely run out of good urban fantasy to read. So I've forced my brain to switch gears a little. It's a slow process; the current fantasy book I'm reading, while more high fantasy is still set in a time period much like ours.

Science fiction on the other hand, is harder to get back into. I love science fiction to pieces, but there is so few books out there that I will actually read because I like list of undefinable specifics in my sci fi books. And I really can't define them, so I can't tell for sure if a book I pull off the library shelf is what I want to read or not. It's bothersome.

In other news, something I should have put last post, I cut my hair. I didn't get it trimmed, I CUT my hair. It is now very short, like a pixie cut. And I love it. I think I look much better now than I ever did with longer hair. Funny, considering the last time I cut my hair this short I hated it. But I look great now, and as soon as I have a picture I will post it. (I.E. not very soon)

Well, I really should stop procrastinating writing something. It's a bad habit I need to break...

No comments: