Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The start of the rest of my life

Well, today I start Air Force basic training in Texas. I will be unavailable until the middle of July. However, this blog will continue to update at least once a week. (I wrote the posts back in February, and scheduled them for specific days that coincide with my training and with special occasions.)

Here's how it's going to go down. Saturday, there will be a post about what I did at basic that week. (All information taken from the Air Force website HERE and HERE, so it might not be exactly accurate to my training) Interspersed there will be posts for special occasions, like my parents anniversary, my youngest brother's birthday, etc. Plus, the letters that I send to my family, posted by my good friend Balgram.

(May 1st Edit:) So, here's how yesterday and today is supposed to go down. Monday, I checked into the hotel near the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station), then went and had dinner with my family. After dinner we went back to the hotel and dad gave me a Father's Blessing before we said goodbyes. It was tearful, lots of hugs and so forth. Then I watched a little TV and went to bed early. Tuesday, they woke me up at 4:30-4:45am, and I rode a bus/charter van to the MEPS. Once there, there was a lot of paperwork and processing, etc. Between 8-9am, depending, I was officially sworn in to the United States Air Force. Then I was taken over to the airport to wait for my flight down to Texas. This flight took place between 11:30am and 4pm (Right now I don't know when). Once in San Antonio, I got on a bus to Lackland AFB, then I went through processing again. The rest of processing and getting everything taken care of will last until about 2am, after which I will finally be able to go to bed, until they wake me up again at a ridiculous hour. Sergeant Rouhoff, my recruiter, said that this will be the longest day of my entire career.

Keep me in your prayers, and wish me good luck. Until I return, this is Noble signing off.

This has been a scheduled post.

No comments: