Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Autumn

I'm a day late, and I apologize.

The leaves have been turning and falling the last week or so and it's been getting colder. It's still a little warm during the day, but it gets really cold at night, and it's still cold during the morning before the sun has burned away the cloud cover. It's really beautiful here, and I feel kind of lucky that I get to be at home to see it.

Everything around me is reminding me why I love Fall in general and October and November in particular. Everywhere I go I see beautifully colored trees and the fields are all either harvested or a pretty golden color. There are Halloween decorations everywhere, and Halloween is my favorite holiday (not for the obvious reasons though.) The colder weather forces everyone to wear longer sleeves and sweaters, and I LOVE wearing sweaters and jackets and scarves.

And my absolute favorite thing about Fall? November First, when I can start on a brand new novel and know that I'll have it finished by November Thirtieth. I love November so much, that I'm always antsy for it months in advance.

The only hard thing about cold weather in the morning, is I have to go running every morning to get ready for basic training, and when you first go outside in running shorts it's pretty cold. My legs always turn instant red, and it takes me a long time to get warmed up.

Thankfully, I walk the dog for half an hour before I go running, so I'm all toasty warm before starting running.

2 comments:

K La said...

Do you have to run in shorts? When I was running in the dead of winter, I wore pajama pants. Once I became more serious, i went to DI and bought work-out pants, which were capri length. I've never run in shorts.

Rabbit said...

Shorts are the only thing I have to run in. Being without a job severely limits what I can spend money on, and right now running clothes are not on the top of the list.

Anyway, I started running on a treadmill at a local gym, just so that I could go running without freezing. (I'd rather be hot than cold)