Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My mouth is on fire...

For those of you who have been to Sam Hawk's, (Creselin, I'm looking at you) there is a dish there called Pork Bulgogi. It's very delicious, and I've had it both times I went there. (both times with BFF Balgram) I loved it so much, that a few weeks ago I began craving it, but had no way to get it, because it's 30+ miles south of where I live. So I began researching into making it myself.

I finally was able to make it tonight, along with noodles as a side dish. It wasn't exactly the same as the dish at Sam Hawk's, but it was still really good. A tad on the spicy side, but nothing I couldn't handle. My second youngest brother didn't like it so much because he's not fond of spicy things, but I can't blame him for that.

Then, when I started my second helping the spiciness really started to get to me. By the time I was finished eating that, my mouth was on fire. I really don't remember the Sam Hawk version being this spicy, so the next time I make it I'm not going to use as much chili paste. It was still really good, and as close to authentic asian food I have ever been able to get on my own.

If anyone one wants the recipe, feel free to ask.

2 comments:

Creselin said...

Heh, yeah apparently a lot of Korean food is like that. Everyone that I've talked to has told me that they hope that I like spicy food and to bring a lot of tums. Hmm. Anyways, I give you props for cooking it yourself! That's awesome!

Rabbit said...

Thanks!