Saturday, December 26, 2009

An interesting observation

I have just realized that my most interesting stories/ideas, have all come from two places: Either they have been stewing in the back of my mind for at least three years, giving them time to ferment and become as great as they need to be, or they come to me in a dream.

I love my dreams. They tend to be a little (okay, a lot) on the weird side, and they almost always have a cute/gorgeous guy in them. Sometimes it's someone I know, either personally (though that only happens rarely) or from a movie or TV show, and sometimes it's someone I have never seen in my life. Not even in my writing.

Most of my dreams lately have been about relationships. I'm sure that tells you a little about what I have on my brain right now. Sometimes the relationships are really cute, sometimes they are heartbreaking, and sometimes they are stressful. It's always been interesting to wake up, remember the dream, and try to understand why I dreamed about that particular thing/relationship/man.

My dreams are usually the reason I like to sleep in late, aside from my bed being warm and my room being cold. It always bothers my parents, since I'm stuck living with them right now.

There have been four dreams in particular that I have loved enough to start writing a story based on them. It always takes work to make it all make sense on paper. But once it's down, then I feel so much better.

Technically I have six dreams I had that I wanted to write, but two of them never got written.

No comments: