Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just for Clarity's Sake

I think some people have misunderstood what my new website, IBDB, really is or is supposed to be. You'll remember I talked about it twice recently.

It's not like GoodReads, it was never supposed to be like GoodReads. It's supposed to be like IMDB. You won't get any 'junk' mail unless you want to, and the whole purpose of the website is to add books. For example: I just finished reading Once Bitten, Twice Shy, by Jennifer Rardin, and I put up that as the first book on the site. If this dissuades you from looking at or helping with the website, you have the wrong idea. Everyone is supposed to join and add books, because I haven't read all the books in the world (nor plan to) and I haven't read the same books as anyone else.

So. Let me say again, you are supposed to join and add books with me, not wait until I have added more books myself.

I really am trying to make this a big thing, so that other people can have a chance to avoid reading things they might find inappropriate. I kind of what this to become a national thing, someone that they talk about in the newspapers or on the Yahoo! news page. Not because I want the fame, that would just get in the way of my life, but because I feel that this kind of website should exist like that. It should be just as large as Facebook, or GoodReads, or IMDB.

Okay, I'm done with my shameless advertising.

No comments: