Thursday, October 2, 2008

8 Years and then, so beautiful, so wonderful... WHAT THE?! What happened?

There is a book called Into the Land of the Unicorns. It's written by Bruce Colville, who's a very good childrens book writer. It came out in the '90s and was a very good book. I really loved it. Then book two came out in 2000, called Song of the Wanderer, and I loved that one just as much, but I could tell that the story wasn't over. So I waited for the next one to come out. And waited... and waited... and waited....

Finally, yesterday I found out it had come out and that there was a copy at one of the local libraries. So I used some of my precious gas to drive over and grab it before anyone else could.

When I left for work around 11 and rode the bus for an hour and a half, I read the book, which is called Dark Whispers. I read it during my 10 minute break at 4:30 and my lunch break at 7. I read it all the way home and finally finished it just before arriving at the train station.

It took all of my strength to keep from screaming on the bus.

Dark Whispers has the worst cliffhanger ending I have ever read!

NOOOO! I don't want to wait another 8 years! WRITE FASTER BRUCE!

The book was so amazing, it switched viewpoints a lot, which he hadn't done in the other two, but even though they weren't the main character, Cara, I was still rooting for them, not caring that I had to wait for Cara to come back onto the page.

And one of my favorite unicorns dies! HOW COULD YOU?!

Thankfully, my ultimate favorite is still alive, seperated from Cara and in the direct path of danger, but still alive!

I just wish I knew what happened... *Whimpers pitiously*

In other news, I have rediscovered my old Eragon website, Alagasia Manin, mostly because for some reason, people keep joining even though IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT ACTIVE and so I sent all the members an email asking if they wanted to reactivate the site, and, what I was not expecting, three people came back and said they did!

Therefore, I need to find someone who can do a layout for me. The website is hosted on Invision Free and the current layout, which I did myself, is crap.

And anyone else who want's to join is welcome to!

That's all for now...

No comments: