Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So much to say, so little space...

Life has been so interesting the last little while... I'll start today and move backwards.

Today I ran out of gas. After institute, I was taking someone home and before I reached the gas station I was heading for, the car stopped accelerating. So I pulled off of State street into a parking lot and called my dad. When he finally arrived, he had bought a little more than two gallons and put it into my tank. Aren't I glad I have a dad?

The funny thing is, I have driven farther on less gas. In stop and go traffic, too. So I don't know what was so different about today, but it was.

I've been reading Breaking Dawn again, reliving the magic and remembering why it's my favorite. *sigh* Such a good book...

And I finally decided once and for all what I'm going to major in when I finally buckle down and go to college next year.

Drum roll please.

Hold your breath...

Forensic Science!

Are you surprised? I was. All those math and chemistry classes? *shudders* BUT. I'm going to do it. I have always been interested in that sort of stuff, and always return to it, so I guess it's meant to be. The program at the new university about 30 miles from where I live is 121 credits and will only take 4 years IF I take summer classes. Otherwise I might be stuck for 5...

But the classes I get to take! Wow! Bloodstain pattern analysis, Fingerprint Examination 1-3, Footwear Impression! I'm so excited! But they're not until my junior/senior year... At least I have something to look forward too...

The last two weeks I have been researching everything I have to do before school starts, such as applying, ACT, scholarships, financial aid, housing, job, possible class schedules... That much work, you know I'm going to do something. At least, I hope so.

Some time when my friend Balgram has some time, after I have register for next fall, I hope we can get together and she help me, so that I do things the right way. Let me tell you, if I don't have someone helping me, and telling me how to do it, 1; it won't get done, or 2; it'll get done, the wrong way...

I'm also planning on taking the ACT in December, instead of October, so that I have some time to actually learn algebra and hopefully get good scores, 'cause I need at least a 23 in math and a 19 in reading and English in order to get into the right classes, or else I WILL need to take 5 years to finish... *yeech*

I still plan to move out in June, though my savings plan never actually got off the ground... I just love shopping too much... But at least I didn't have to borrow money this paycheck! I just have zero cash except for bus money and I am so tempted to spend that... But I won't because then I would have no way to get to work, and my next paycheck would be just as bad as my last one and I REALLY don't want that to happen. I hate getting $400 paychecks...

If I always get my hours in I'm earning $9. If not, I'm earning $8. I want to be earning $11 by next fall... So that I have money for rent and insurence.

I'm so glad I won't have to pay for my car after June... $273 a month is lot of money... Plus phone ($50), rent ($100), Insurence ($65), and anything else, it really adds up. Of couse, I'm also glad that I'm not paying tuition or books right now... That would make things even worse...

Anything else I can think of?

Well anyway, I've got to go to work. Anything else I can think of will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

wolfgangvangogh said...

Yeah expenses really do add up. I was glad when I received my reimbursement yesterday from MSU since I am not in the dorms. It allowed me to pay 3 months rent today.
Glad you are figuring things out. Let me know if I can help.