Thursday, October 9, 2008

Surfing the web, la la la, SLAP IN THE FACE!

Today I was on the computer listening to Disturbia by Rhianna and some other music, trying to get my 1,700 words in without success. I finally gave up, and turned to watching stuff on YouTube.
My absolute favorite TV show ever is Stargate: Atlantis, which started a new season last July. You remember a while back I posted about the season finale of season 4? Yeah, I finally gave up and watched season 5 episode 1 on youtube. It was very good, finished well, solved the problem beautifully. So watching that, I wanted to know what the next episode was called, so I went to Gateworld, which is THE website to go to for all Stargate questions. And right there on the front page was this headline:
ATLANTIS CANCELLED
Gah! Giant slap in the face!
So I hurried up and read the artical, dreading that they were going to cancel it before the season was over, and found out that they were going to finish season 5, do a movie, then Atlantis will be done.
GAH!

But they are going to be doing a third show, called Stargate: Universe, that might be good. It will never be as good as Atlantis though.
*Tears up*

In other news, I reached 12,000 words yesterday! I am so happy! That is the most I have ever written on one story, EVER.
*Happy dance*
I have no idea where the story is going, but I am writing 1,700 words a day no matter what, and I am going to make it to 50k by Halloween, then I will know for sure that I can do it in November. And I will have finished two novels by December!
Wheeeee!
Then December will be devoted to editing and getting them ready for sending out to publishers.
*Squeal!*
I CAN DO IT!

Also, I got a raise at work yesterday. I am now earning $10/hour! I was so happy that I had a hard time not breaking out into a giddy grin the last 5 minutes of work last night. And I smiled all the way home!

No comments: