Saturday, November 26, 2011

That's it, I quit

I am very disappointed in myself, but I won't be finishing NaNoWriMo this year. I reached 22k on the one story I was working on, and while taking a break, I took a hard look at the story and realized it was unpublishable. And as much as I loved writing about the characters, I really got tired of the story. The plot is three million pages long, and I've only gotten through the first half of the first page. It is very depressing. And I really don't want to write something that isn't publishable, because my goal is to publish someday. So everything I write shold be working towards that.

So anyway, I've stopped this year. There is no way for me to catch up this late in the game, without sacrificing the rest of my social life, and I can't get through class without that. So, for the first time since 2007, I won't be finishing NaNoWriMo.

I feel especially horrible about this, because I told Chris Baty himself, when I went and met him two weeks ago, that I was going to finish. Alas, it is not in the cards.

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

I'm sure Chris Baty will understand that being in Air Force training is not real compatible with NaNoWriMo. One author I read about said to throw away your first million words anyway! Patience brings blessings. Get through your training and then you can write to your heart's content.
I still love you!
Saranghae,
Eomma!

Balgram said...

Don't feel too disappointed. Stuff happens. You can't always keep the plans you want.

You'll more than make up for it later, if I know you.