Friday, November 4, 2011

It's November again

It's November again, and everyone should know what that means. That means I sell my soul and put myself through the fire to write a novel in 30 days. Of course, this year is going to be a little different, obviously, so it's going to be a little bit difficult this time around. Here's what I'm hoping is going to happen.

Obviously I can't write during the week, or else sacrifice my job in the Air Force, and I'm not willing to do that. My job is what's going to pay for my writing for the next six years. So, I'll be writing on the weekends. Which means I have to write a minimum of 4,550 words on Saturdays and Sundays, plus the extra days I'll have during the 2 four day weekends we have this month. But since I discovered I can write about 600 words in half an hour, I decided to try to write 20k this weekend alone. That way I have a decent cusion just in case I'm having too much fun next weekend to write anything.

Oh, I'm going to on a trip next weekend with a friend. I'm so excited!

Anyway, we'll see how this all works out. I'm pretty confident that I can do it just fine if I push myself, but that's the thing. I've never been very good at pushing myself. Hopefully the three months I've spent here pay off.

Unfortunately, Artemis won't be visiting this year, and probably not next year either. I'm just too busy with schoolwork and trying to write this novel to have an extra something to do. A lot of people already think I'm crazy.

So, I'm off to write 20k this weekend and between 50k-120k this month. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Fi-ting!

Saranghae, Eomma!

Rozy Lass said...

Oh, and Don't Bang Your Shinky!