Sunday, November 6, 2011

And now I know

Today has been an adventure of sorts. I've spent WAY too much time off post when I should have been writing, I've spent way too much money when I should have been saving it, and I laughed so hard my chest started hurting. The day was divided into two parts, so I'm going to tell it to you in two parts. And this might all come out funnily, because I'm in a weird mood right now.

Part One, trying to make it to Target.

I had planned on going to Target in the morning with a friend of mine. She had wanted to leave at 8, but after accidentally staying up until 1:30 the night before, my body wasn't willing to get up before 9. So I got up at nine and headed off to wait at the bus stop with her. We just barely missed the bus by two minutes, so we had a while to wait for the next one. While we waited we were met up by some more friends, who will here by be called Guy, Wamp, and Vog (not their real names). Anyway, Guy stopped by first, and we talked for a while. He's a really good friend of mine, and he's been having some problems lately that I really hope he gets through. He talked about the night he had on Friday, and I listened intently. Because that's what I do, I listen to people.

Then, we were joined by Wamp and Vog, who said they were also going to Target, but that they didn't know where it was. Since my friend and I were going in that direction anyway, I invited them to come along with us. They said they would, if we went to Denny's with them first. I was kind of hungry, so I said yes, and went to Denny's for the first time in years. I had some amazing banana pecan pancakes, and enjoyed listening to everyone's funny conversations.

Then we headed back to the bus stop and once again, just barely missed the bus. So my friend and I went to a used book store that was nearby that I'd been wanting to go to for a long time, and I got two books that I've been meaning to read. Then we went back and waited for the next bus, until we realized too late that we were waiting on the wrong side. So we missed the bus again.

We finally made it to Target, did our shopping, then headed back to post. All of this took way too much time, and too much money, but it was fun to spend time with my friends.

Part Two, and then I sang Karaoke.

I will tell you about this tomorrow. Right now, I'm way too tired to even think anymore. But you have a teaser there for you.

No comments: