Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sometimes I think I'm crazy

Sometimes, usually during the week, I start to feel like I must have been crazy when I signed on the dotted line to join the Air Force. Korean is really kicking my butt, PT is something I'm starting to hate even more, (especially running because my legs always hurt afterwards), I eat less during meals because I'm so stressed and then try to make up for it by eating junk food, I sleep very little because I have so much homework and studying to do, I spend money like a drunken Marine (familial inside joke), et cetera.

Then, there are times, usually during the weekend, when I really am happy with my decision to get out of my parents house and live my own life. Like when I try on an outfit I just bought and realize how skinny and pretty my body looks, and how I can actually afford nice outfits that flatter me, aand how I have so many friends now, more than I have ever had in my life before. And also how I'm learning how to speak my favorite language in the whole world, and how if I somehow manage to survive the course, I will be able to communicate in Korean. The fan-girl in me loves this idea.

Anyway, life has had a lot of ups and downs this last week. I'm always glad when I reach the weekend, and, like at BMT, the days are long and the weeks are short. I've started to work on fixing my procrastination problem, because that and being lazy are my two biggest weaknesses. And I really don't like having weaknesses, especially not those two.

No comments: