Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Shipping Date

I finally heard from Sergeant Rouhoff, my recruiter, about when I’m leaving for basic training in Texas. I got the job I wanted, Cryptologic Linguistics and I’m leaving May 17th.
So, Graduation will be about July 15th, or the week after. Then I’ll be in California until October or November 2012 for language school (if I decide on Japanese.)
This date means I have to get a paying job until then. It also means I have to finish out the winter here, but that I’ll have plenty of time to work on my running and physical fitness. And I’ll have plenty of time to finish my novel (if I ever get my butt moving.)
So, when the time gets closer I’ll talk more about who’s going to take care of the blog while I’m gone, much like Shana did for Balgram (see blog titled AFK to the right).
Side Note: If you are interested in an online writing group, leave a note so I can get it started. Because I need the motivation.

No comments: