Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's amazing to see how far I have grown

I started this blog back in 2007 while I was still in high school. My best friend had one, and I thought it was kind of a good idea. It was better than writing in a journal, which I've never been able to consistently do. Now, three years later I can look back at what kind of person I was, and remember fond memories that I might have forgotten.

So whenever I go back and read earlier posts, it always astonishes me how... different I was. And not just different from who I am today, but different from any social norms that would come to mind. It's amazing to me that my family could live with me back then, and I'm reminded of how grateful I should be that I've changed since then.

For one, my writing and editing has improved by leaps and bounds. When I read the older posts I can see where I misspelled things or accidentally wrote the wrong word, etc.

There are something that haven't changed that much, but my attitude towards them have. For example, seeing movies multiple times in the theater or spending money willy nilly. The period where I didn't have an income changed my perspective on money and buying things. And while I still love watching things more than once, I boast about it to a world that doesn't care that I've seen Speed Racer fifteen times, or that I got to see Prince Caspian in the theater twice every Saturday for two weeks.

Reading about my past has shone me that yes, I go through phases and no, I don't watch things when I'm not in that phase. I still have many, many DVDs that I haven't watched in a long time but that I don't want to give up because I might want to watch them in the future.

While I still have problems and phases I go through, I know that I keep getting better, and that's all the motivation I need to actually continue getting better.

2 comments:

Rozylass said...

Dearest Liz,
You really should proofread before you post. You are still making small errors; such as using "shone" meaning to shine, when you really mean "shown" meaning to show.
Love you lots,
Mom

Rabbit said...

Oh, right. Thanks.