Monday, August 9, 2010

Blah

It stormed again last night, thankfully making the world a cooler place. We still have an excessive heat warning going on, though it hasn't been as hot today as it was yesterday. The cicadas are very noisy.

We unpacked some of the kitchen boxes today. Not all of them, mind you, because we ran out of room. So we still have about ten boxes, including the boxes with food, stacked up in the kitchen with no place to put the stuff. It's great.

And my boxes are still in the trailer. They somehow made it on first, so they're coming off last and the boys aren't going to finish unpacking the trailer until this evening, when some men from the branch can come by and help. So I have my furniture except for two very crucial parts of my bed, the clothes from my suitcase, the books I'd brought on the road-trip, and that's about it.

Not that I really need anything else. I've been reading what I have, and I've sort of forgone watching stuff so that I can help mom and write, and I haven't missed hardly anything. For the most part, anyway.

My plans to join the Air Force have been postponed a little bit. Something happened here and mom wants me to stay to find out if it's going to pan out. So I'm going to hold off until about January, and probably make my decision in November. The good side of this is I'll be able to do NaNoWriMo. The bad side is I have to live with my family for longer, and I probably have to start looking for a job.

Hopefully the thing (not going to tell until after the fact) will pan out. In fact, I'm kind of praying for it. Let's just say it's everything I could want and more.

Anyway, back to unpacking with mom.

No comments: