Saturday, May 22, 2010

Something's going on that I don't like

Something is going on in TV land and I don't like it. I haven't followed TV shows through an entire season before, and this year I've followed quite a few. And out of those, three have ended in a frustrated romance. I am not happy at all.

The first was Fringe. I missed the entire first season, but after I started watching the second season, I fell in love with it. And I really wanted the two, Olivia and Peter, to get together. So in the season finale I was very happy to see Olivia admitting her feelings for Peter and them getting together. Only the ending ended up with Olivia trapped and Peter not knowing about it, leaving the romance frustrated until next season.

The second was Bones. I have always loved this show, though I've only seen season one, five, and bits and pieces of the other seasons. I love Booth and I think Temperance is really funny with her social akwardness. But is has really frustrated me that even after five years of working together with sexual tension flying all over the place, they still aren't together. And they ALMOST got together in the season finale, but then didn't. And won't see each other for a year.

And the third was Castle. (Notice how each show's title is only one word) This one is a great show, especially for me, because it's about a writer AND detective work, two of my favorite things. And the last few episodes of the season have in the background been about how much Castle really likes Kate but can't have her because she's with the robbery detective. And in the season finale it finally compounded on him, and he seems like he gave up, just as she realized her feelings for him. So he left with someone else, while she's left by herself.

GAH!

And now I have to wait until September or later to find out if there is any chance at redemption for any of the couples. If this turns out to be a pattern for any of the other shows I watch, I'm going to be really angry. (and I can't say either way about White Collar because I missed the last three episodes, even though I love the show to pieces. I have a sneaking suspicion I know what happened because of spoilers, but I'm not sure.)

No comments: