Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm sick of making plans that never pan out.

Let me clue you in on a secret of mine; I'm a big planner. I make plans for everything, from what's going to happen when my family moves to Iowa without me, to what I'm going to do during the day. The only thing is, I never actually follow through with the plans. If I've made a list of things to do during the day, they never get done. If I do research and make plans for my schooling, I change my mind. I've changed my mind half a dozen times about whether or not I was moving with my family to Iowa. (currently it's not, and as far as I know it's not going to change, thank goodness)

This has always been a big problem of mine. I make plans to work on one of my novels and end up getting side tracked by another. I make plans to work on the one that side tracked me, and I get side tracked again. I can never stick to one project longer than a few days, and it's driving me nuts. I'm almost ready to throw the proverbial towel in. Almost, but not quite.

I'm going to make one last-ditched attempt to get my life situated. My dad sent me some job training ideas, and as soon as I can open the file I'm going to start working on acquiring a skill that will earn me more than $150-$200 every two weeks. I'm determined to get out of my night owl, TV, and generally lazy habits, and get into some better habits.

It really hit me in the last week or so that I only have another few months before I'm completely on my own. And the way I'm living my life right now, I won't survive at all. I don't make enough to pay rent and insurance, my job isn't completely steady, and I generally have too much time on my hands.

So from now on, I'm a changed woman. I'm no longer the lazy do-nothing that I once was. I'm going to be proactive about my future.

Just as soon as I quit blogging as a way to procrastinate.

No comments: