Friday, April 4, 2008

Deaf Guy

I was riding on the train, going to the city library, when the giy sitting across from me left and was replaced by another guy who had been watching me the entire trip. I was listening to music and ignored him, like I normally ignore people on the train. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the guy pointing at me, and I looked up at him.
He began to sign, asking me if I was listening to (or maybe it was like) music. I smiled and signed yes back. He then introduced himself as John. I told him my name, we exchanged ages, then he had to get off the train at the next stop so he asked for a pencil that was visible in my bag and he gave me his email address. How cool is that!

1 comment:

Holly E. Ferrin said...

It is always fun to meet Deaf people, it gives you a chance to use your skills and it is a chance to make a new friend. Have you heard anything from him since then?