Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rabbit

I was told today that my nickname is now Rabbit. I've never had a nickname just handed to me like that. My longtime nickname, Noble, stemmed from something I made up myself, and it kind of just stuck. This one, though, snuck up on me and attacked with a vengence.

I have a guy friend who is like my best friend around here, other than my amazing roommates. He's two weeks behind me in Korean, and he's really a great guy. (Giggle. Uh, not like that.) Anyway, he caught me during lunch to give me an update on his back (he hurt it a while back) and called me Rabbit. The two people across from me (who are in my class) couldn't figure out why, and for a moment I couldn't either. I knew it must have had something to do with my last name, and Korean, so as I watched the two across me try to work it out, my mind was spinning at a mile a minute.

Then it dawned on me, not a moment too soon. The Korean word for rabbit sounds very similar to my last name, which everyone calls me by around here. It was so clever, and I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it before, (and the guy friend gave it to me) that I have now decided that it shall forever be part of my nickname. I'll never not be Noble, of course, but I'm now Noble Rabbit.

Just so everyone doesn't get confused by a few changes around here. ^-^

1 comment:

Rozy Lass said...

Oh you cute little bunny! I like the changes in the look of your blog, very appropriate for the student that you are.
Saranghae,
Eomma!