Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year

This is a little late. I've been procrastinating it for the last couple of days, but I finally have the house all to myself during the day again, and I've decided that I really need to make some changes. Good thing it's the New Year, because I can label these changes as being New Year's Resolutions.

I've never been good at this. I don't think I've ever fulfilled a Resolution, and the only goal I can remember ever completing was when I saved enough money for an American Girl doll when I was eight or nine. This year, I'm going to actually make an effort, though. Events, and even some threats of eviction from my parents, have forced me to realize that I really need to get my lazy behind working, or else I might not be following the family to Iowa, and I don't know what I would do without them. Sometimes I hate their guts, but I've never lived truly on my own before, and it terrifies me a little.

So, here's what I plan on heading for this year, and this is mostly for my benefit (and my dad's):

1.) I will have a job by the end of January. Completed!
2.) I will finish the fifth draft of Huntress
a.) I will work on plotting and outline at least two hours a week
b.) I will write at least one chapter a week
3.) I will follow a detailed daily schedule
a.) I will write said schedule to include writing and relaxing, but have most of the day planned out to get a job and help around the house
b.) I will get up by eight o clock and be in bed with lights out by eleven o clock
4.) I will exercise at least twice a week
a.) I will walk one mile twice a week during the day
b.) I will do yoga twice a week or more
5.) I will write something two hours a day, spaced out in half an hour to an hour intervals over the whole day

For now, that's all I can think of things I want to work on. It will definitely get longer the more I think about it, but until then, this is it.

No comments: