Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Well...

How embarrassing. I haven't posted in such a long time. I'm really sorry about that, but I've sort of been busy with other things... Dang you Hulu....

Any-who, I have some great news for my dear readers.

I'M MOVING OUT! It took me all of a week to find, see, and get an apartment twice as close to my job as I am now! I've already started moving stuff down there and the big moving day is planned for Saturday.

*SQUEAL, SCREAM, SHRIEK!* That's what I did when I found out that I got the apartment.

Allow me to describe the place.

The door opens and the only way you can go is right, into the living room. There is a very large wide screen TV, which belongs to the girl who has the other room in this condo, a coffee table and rocking chair that belong to the owner, and a large brown, really comfortable couch, which also belongs to the other girl. The floor is covered in brand new tile (real tile, not linoleum), and there is sliding glass doors onto the deck (it's on the second floor of a fourplex).

Next you have the dining room, which is a continuation of the living room and has a really pretty wood breakfast nook that belongs to the owner, as well as a large window onto the deck.

The kitchen is really small, but the sink, stove, and fridge form a triangle, which if I remember correctly from my interior design class, is very good.

There is a hall between the kitchen and the front door that leads to the bedrooms and bathroom. My bedroom is the door on the left at the end of the hall, right next to the bathroom which is to the left of my room.

And my room is quite large with a bright window and a HUGE closet that takes up one ENTIRE WALL! WITH TONS OF SHELF SPACE! The funny thing about this is the first thing I thought of when I saw all that shelf space was BOOK SPACE! and the first thing the girls at work thought was CLOTHES SPACE! Shows you how different I am from a normal girl.

The bathroom is pretty average sized, but is has a JETTED tub that comes up to my knees! It is huge!

All the walls have a fresh coat of paint that is pale creamy yellow, and the bedrooms have a dark brown carpet that is really thick and cushy.

I met the other girl tonight. She's in the National Guard, so she's not at the apartment very often, but she's really nice. When I went to pick up my keys tonight she welcomed me and gave me a hug.... (NOT what I pictured from a woman in the NG.) But she's seems really cool, and I get along with anyone, so there shouldn't be a problem.

The best part about this condo/apartment is that it's only $400 a month including utilities. And with the other girl gone most of the time, it's like I have my very own, one room apartment for HALF of what a normal one room apartment goes for.

YEAH!

3 comments:

Balgram said...

Woohoo! I'm so glad you're happy!

Rabbit said...

Thanks! You should come see it on Saturday!

Balgram said...

Would that I could. I do really wanna see it.