Sunday, March 29, 2009

Race, etc.

So I went and saw Race to Witch Mountain this evening.

Can I just say I was blown away?

I loved it. It had great music, a great cast of excellent actors, pretty amazing special effects, and an awesome, almost continuous chase from start to finish. I really felt for the characters, and wished the movie would never end.

It didn't get very good reviews from the critics, but is currently claiming a top box office spot. And it even beat a rated "R" movie at one point!

Score one for the kids movie!

There's no foul language what so ever, no innuendos, and over all is a wonderfully clean film.

The story, while is a remake on an old '70s show, was very well re-thought, and while the kids talking got just the tiny bit annoying after a while, it was completely bearable.

This is definitely a movie I will be buying (when I have money), and something I would love for my future kids to watch.


I have finished rewriting the first chapter of Huntress, and have started working on the second, though watching Witch Mountain has turned my attention temporarily to the fourth book (not going to tell you what that one's about, as it's a secret.)

And I took this afternoon to clean out my apartment's fridge, and MAN did it stink. But now it's all clean and only has my food in it. (Turns out my roommate doesn't eat anything at the apartment. I wonder where she does eat?)

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Balgram said...

Ha HA HA HA! I love that you had to clean the fridge of your alien roommate's food.

Perhaps she is a vampire?

I'm glad you liked the movie, it sounds awesome.