Saturday, November 1, 2008

I am called Artemis

Just a little introduction, my name is Artemis Standring, and I am the writing personae of Noble. Noble has passed the baton over to me for the month of November because she has practically vacated reality in favor of another crazy endeavor called National Novel Writing Month. I have been with Noble for about four or five years, and Noble can't tell you any different because she doesn't remember all that well either.

Noble is the biggest procrastinator I have ever met, just so that everyone knows that. She tells me that she was meaning to post something all this past week, but never got around to actually doing so. So there are several things she wanted me to tell everyone who reads this blog.

I don't think I have ever been so pissed off at my dad than I am now, and I'm torn between wishing he would read this and hoping he never does.

The last time I got a paycheck, October 17th to be exact, I was planning on buying a laptop so that I had something to work on during November. Dad got wind of the idea and made so suggestions. After thinking about it, I decided to ask him for some more help, and ended up leaving it up to him whether or not I actually had a laptop in November. What a mistake.

I thought I was a procrastinator... It's November, and my dad STILL hasn't made a purchase for the laptop, after I went through all the trouble of giving him $400 to help with his mortgage... GRRRR....

And I told him that the latest I could wait for a laptop was the 3rd, because I didn't actually need a portable computer until I went to work on Monday, and he tells me now that I won't have one on Monday.

Well... I'm screwed for NaNoWriMo... My goal had been to be typing none stop, to surpass the daily word count as much as possible, but that is no longer even feasible... GAH! Now I will only be able to write while I'm at home on my ridiculously stupid desktop that gives me headaches if I leave it on too long, instead of when ever I had nothing to do, like when I'm riding the bus.

And don't tell me I can do it longhand, because I can't. If I do anything longhand, everything gets lost in my inability to write as fast as I think. GROWL REALLY LOUD!

I must admit, it is very disappointing. And she tells me that she doesn't have the money to just go and buy on today. Wow. I don't think I would be able to hide her emotions as well as she did during dinner after she learned all that.

Noble tells me that she also would like to tell you all about her Halloween, but I have made the decision to save it for a post tomorrow. That way I don't overload everyone with too many stories by her.

I will also be reporting on how Noble is doing for NaNoWriMo.

No comments: