Saturday, June 28, 2008

Since I said I would and didn't...

Okay. I think I have collected two notebook pages of stuff for this post... I need to post more often.. Anyway...

There is a guy at work who, while shorter than me, is the funniest guy to listen to, has read and loves everything Stephenie Meyer has published, and I try to tell myself I don't have a crush on him, but it doesn't work.
One day at work, I think it was because I was looking tired or something, he said something which I couldn't hear properly except for the word Princess. And he was obviously talking to be and calling me that word. Inside I was blushing and screaming like none else, which was the first clue that I like him.
Then, a few new girls came through, and he happened to be the one that traided them on the computers, and just listening to him chatting with them and helping them was enough to spark my jealousy. That was the second clue.
The two problems with the unexpected liking is that he is leaving on a mission in half a year, and is shorter than me. Not by much, but by enough. (Go ahead, laugh at me...)

So I saw Jessica and her mom one day, Balgram might remember who that is. First I talked to them at Barnes and Noble, then they spotted me later at Walmart. And I got her number, which was good.

Some pretty interesting names I have run across in my job, Zoran Alu-Acol and Fasi-He-Ngalu Kalawafoni....

There was this one phone call that was really funny. It was a husbend and wife on the speaker phone talking together about whether or not to buy the films I was selling. It was really funny to hear two people talking to me in one ear. (I am on douples now I normally have a person in each ear...)

And now at work two people are doing TRIPLES. I didn't even think that was possible! How they do it is the third computer is on a speaker and they never do the end screen, where they actually sell the films. They transfer it to someone who is only doing the end screen. And now they have everyone transfering, which means that I have to use the guy's voice (Gabe) instead of the girl's voice (Melissa). And it bugs the crap out of me, cause I can't go live when the computer can pronounce the name or they interupt and ask a question I don't know the button to.

And I got to train two girls. Me, training. When did that happen? I just started the job! Anyway, everyone jokes that I scared one of the girls off, cause she never showed up after two days training with me. The other girl is on vacation in Texas right now, but she has stayed.

While on the phone one time, I asked for a girl in Gabe's voice, and the man who had answered the phone shouted "You can't have her!" and hung up. ? I mean, ?

And one person I called has exactly the same name as my newest character.

One person's excuse for not having time to take the call is "Have to get off the line, I'm waiting for a call from the White House." ?

There was this one guy who bought films from me who made me take a 'test' before he gave out his credit card number. This was how it went.
"Who is your 'pastor'?" I answered, I don't have a pastor, I have a bishop, then gave his name.
"Do you take 'communion'?" I answered, I take the sacrament.
"What is your favorite scripture?" 1 Nephi 3:7. Then I recited it for him.
He finally bought the films, and afterwards I laughed so hard my side hurt. It was the funniest call I have every had!

One none job related thing is, Wednesday I took my brother to work and dropped him off at his friends house, picking him up afterward. When I got home, I had a brilliant idea. I went downstairs where the parents were watching a movie and I chatted with them for a little bit. Then, when my mom asked where Jo, my brother, was (like I knew she would), I put my hands to my mouth and gasped, like I had forgotten all about him. My mom groaned very loudly, and then I burst out laughing, saying I had gotten her. We had a good laugh, and I got my mom! Whee!

About my birthday, which will happen in less than a month, the next post will tell everything, mostly for Balgram's benefit, 'cause I think she is the only one who reads this...

Laters!

2 comments:

Balgram said...

Psht. Whatever.

It stinks that I will be outta town the week of your b-day, but state the plans and details regardless.

Rabbit said...

I have actually decided to have a 'party' in august, instead of a 'birthday party' in july. What do you think? You going to be free the second saturday in august?