Friday, July 4, 2008

Go, Speed Racer, Go!!!

I have known about Speed Racer for a long time. When I was younger, I remember watching a few episodes from a movie we got at the library. I now own the VHS that has all the episodes I saw as a kid, and now I have seen the movie.

GASP!

New writing genre!

In a nutshell, Speed Racer the movie (2008) was AMAZING! I don't think it's my new favorite movie, but it comes pretty close. (Edit Sunday 6th: Nope, it is my favorite movie! I saw it again!) It was visually stunning, with graphics that were just a little bit odd for this day and age where every graphic looks real, but put together, Speed Racer was something I cheered for. (Only in my mind. I'm not that rude in a theater...)

I went with my brother, cause we had nothing else to do. My parents are in Northern California right now, for something I'm not going to reveal yet, and my three youngest brothers are staying at my Aunt and Uncle's house, and hour away. I would have liked for my other brother to be there as well, but, I can't have everything I want... At least I don't have work today or tomorrow...

Birthday plans........

Lets just say there are none. I am having a 'party' on the 9th of August, which will substitute for my 'birthday party'.

What we are going to be doing is I'm reserving the ball field behind my stake center and we are going to have a BBQ and play wet kickball...

Allow me to elaborate: We will play normal kickball, only when someone is running around the bases, the other team has to try to hit them with, not the ball, but water ballons! Won't that be fun!

Anyway, Balgram and her social circle are all invited.

And the YSA group in my stake.

And my best friend Cheez.

And anyone else I can think of.

I want to have the biggest party ever, and have a blast. (Which will happen anyway if Balgram invites her group. You can't not have a good time with them...)

Anyone happen to know the cure for spending money? If you do, I would like to know... I'm not letting myself even step into a bookstore anymore... (I went in to get one book for my brother, ended but buying two books and a movie...)

Laters!

2 comments:

Balgram said...

I would love to attend, and I'll let people know. That sounds awesome.

A good way to stop spending money is to have a goal to save towards. Put/keep ALL your money in the bank. Give yourself an allowance instead (I have an allowance of about $10 a week, this can change depending on how much you want to spend and save, but you shouldn't be spending more than $20 a week). Try to have this allowance be fun money, and limit it as much as you can. Keep your weekly expenses (including food and gas) to less than $30.

These numbers are if you have a decent full-time job. You'd be amazed how easy it gets after a while.

My big issue is I like spending money on food. So now, once a week, I buy a ton of food from WalMart and use it as snack money. I spend a ton on gas but I can't see a solution, so I swallow that cost.

Your big issue is books, so I would look into reading books online and using the library as your main source. You don't NEED to own the books.

Try to save at least 30% of your income; 50% is better, and more is fanTASTIC if you have something in particular you are saving for.

Kaloni said...

wow... i just read your entire blog... i must say, i learned a few knew things about you :P haha sorry... i'm bored...

OH! And... my family is all going to Universal Studios... WITHOUT ME!!! But they're going for mikey's birthday (wich is the 10th) so... know i don't have an excuse not to come! :P So... i'll try to be there if i can find a ride... geez i so wish i was 16....

LOTS OF LUV TO MY BUD!!!! <3