Thursday, February 4, 2010

Talking about another plan

My life has taken on some structure; For once I have a concrete schooling goal that is possible to complete, as well as an after the fact goal. Like my novel, mentioned in the post below, it has taken a long time to get to this point.

As someone who is college age and who could be almost done with her third year, I'm not the most dedicated person. I have a problem with procrastination (got it from my dad), and I'm always changing my mind about exactly what I want to be doing. I've planned everything from ASL interpretation to crime scene investigation and police work. But when I actually get to the part where I have to start working on it, then I have either chickened out or decided that I wanted to be doing something different.

This year it's going to be a little different for several reasons. My family is moving to Iowa without me, and I still don't have a way of supporting myself when they're gone, and I'm tired of being stuck in a rut of earning very little money and having no money. So after careful thinking and discussing with my mom, I've decided to take some advice that my dad gave me last year.

This may be completely against my personality, but I'm going to become a Certified Nurses Assistant (hereby called CNA.) It's hard for me to admit that I'm going to become something I'm not entirely one hundred percent enamored with, but it's going to happen. I have started saving for the class, which I will probably take in either April or May depending, and I've already started planning where I might be able to get a job.

I'm hoping to be able to get a job at the children's hospital in the city, because I would rather work with children than with old people. Then, once I have a steady job that pays pretty good, I plan to buy a car. Preferably a Ford Focus because that's my second choice; my first choice is too expensive.

So my financial life has been planned for almost the entire year, which is a first.

If that was all a little bit scattered and random, I'm sorry; I'm tired and have the residue of a headache sitting in my brain.

In other news I love the movie The Lake House; it's now on my top ten list.

No comments: