Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's Official

I'm now property of the United States Air Force.

Yesterday I went to the Military Entrance Processing Station and spent all morning, from 5:30 until after one in the afternoon, filling out paperwork, taking a physical, signing a million things, getting my fingers printed, and finally, taking the oath that swears me into the Delayed Entrance Program. So now I'm a DEP poolie.

I'll tell you one thing about MEPS; when they drew my blood, it didn't hurt at all. Not even the slightest pin prick. It was really weird, and quite fascinating.

So I just have a few more months left before I'm shipped off to basic training and start my life as a military woman. It's just not coming quick enough.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Congratulations!
That's really exciting, and I must say I think you are very brave. Good luck!

K La said...

Let me know when you go to basic, I'll email you blogs or something. :)

Rabbit said...

Thanks you guys!