Sunday, November 22, 2009

And Now, A Message from Our Sponser

Hey, it's Noble. I'm taking a little break from writing Artemis will be able to tell you all the crazy things that have happened this last week, but until then I would like to let all of my readers whose email I don't have and who *cough* are leaving me for a mission *cough*. The next bit is copied for a letter I sent out to everyone I thought might be interested.

Have you ever gotten tired of picking up a novel that looked interesting and while reading it discovering that it has content that you would rather have not read? I know I have this problem all the time, and I had an idea that would help.

I will assume you all know about the Internet Movie Database. If you don't head over to imdb.com and check it out. I know you all know that movies have a rating system. I propose we do this for books.

My idea is that we create a free wiki (most likely on wikidot.com), and when ever you read a book, you go to the site and post: a quick synopsis, your feelings on the book, possibly objectionable content, and a rating. This would of course take a long time to gather every single book ever written, but if we get a lot of people to help and stay dedicated to this, I know we can do it.

Write me back your feelings and whether or not you would be willing to help. Or if you have questions or ideas.

Noble.

2 comments:

Creselin said...

I think that would be a great idea. Not only could you look up a book before reading it, it can also give you suggests and ideas of books to read that you would have never thought of. I think that this would be really cool!

Rabbit said...

Great. So if I get it set up really son, will you help with it before you leave?